Monday, June 25, 2018

2018/06/25 - Monday - Vacation - Day 04 - Graffiti (Petroglyph) and Lonely Road

We left at 8:39.

Our first stop was at Flying J's for necessary gas.

Next stop was at the visitor center at Petroglyps National Monument.  Amanda got her 76th Junior Ranger Badge.  We went to Boca Negra Canyon and did part of the hiking trail to look at the petroglphs.

Back on the road, we stopped for lunch at one of the rest area (without services) along I-25.

Stopped for gas just before crossing into Colorado.  I was not expecting that much of climb between NM and CO on I-25.  I liked all the trees and the views.

When we turned off of I-25 and start heading more easterly, the US-350 is a very lonely road.

We stopped for the night at a KOA about 5:20.  Once we setup camp, I unloaded the van and headed out for dinner and a little shopping.

Once we got back to the RV we put things away and found out one item we got will not work, so Mom M and I walked back to Wal-Mart to return the item, but I had the wrong receipt so I walked back to the RV (Mom M stayed) and then back so we could do the return.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs