Monday, June 29, 2009

2009/06/29 – Monday – Traveling Along

We left camp a little later then I wanted to – 9:30.

Our first stop was at Flying J’s for gas and breakfast.

About 12:15 the tire sensor went off for the front driver side trailer tire.  The pressure was going down fast and I was about a mile away from an exit!  I started to slow down and finally got off the freeway, once I stopped, the pressure for the tire was zero.

Eric helped with changing the tire.  Once the tire was off, we noticed that a bubble had developed on the inside and had finally pop, which resulted in the flat tire.  I got the spare tire added to the sensor monitor and we were back on the road in a very quick fashion.

We stopped at another Flying J’s for lunch and fuel.  I pulled over in the parking lot and ate my lunch (salad) before hitting the road.

We were about to stop for the night, we heard a big thud and I thought I blew a tire, but the sensor never squawked, all my gauges are fine and I can not see anything wrong out my mirrors, so we keep on going.

We are now at Grants Pass for the night.  We went next door for dinner and got a 10% discount by showing that we are camped next door.

I check all over, under, and top to see what the noise was.  I think I found the noise – it seems to be a flashlight had fell out of it holding place and thumped on the floor in the doorway – so I think all is well for tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs