Saturday, October 17, 2009

2009/10/17 - Saturday - Jeep and Raffle

We got up a little late – Amanda wanted to wake up earlier, but it turned out ok. We got everything ready.

I went over to A.C. and she stated that I have to put on the spare dress that she had so I could drive in the Powder Pull trail.

Once we finally got going, I drove the CJ5 “Green” over to the start of the trail.

Amanda did all of the driving of the trail. About 1 or 2 into the drive, the Jeep was getting very HOT, so we stopped to cool down. We started to go and we caught up to the two in front and then the Jeep stalled.

Well, the Jeep was not getting any fuel, we finally determined that the ground lead on the fuel pump was no longer connected. That was fixed and all is good (until I get home and do a more permanent fix).

One the way out of the canyon, the temp on the Jeep was much better!

Back at camp, we started the generator to cool down the 104 temp inside the RV (with the windows open). The cats were panting.

At 4:30 the temp stats 105, and now the inside is finally down to 97 and still going down.

We had dinner and now it was time for the Raffle. I did win one bag of goodies. I did get a registration for TDS – so I guess I need to go now.

After all the hoopla was done, we sat around a fire and enjoyed the rest of the evening. (we didn’t get back to the RV until 1:00 a.m.)

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs