Friday, July 16, 2010

2010/07/16 – Friday – Gila Dwellings

We took NM15 to get to Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument.  The drive took us through the forest with lots of twists and turns and steep elevation changes and I noticed several road I could explore in the jeep.

We stopped at the visitor center so Amanda could get her JR Ranger book.  We were informed about Senior Ranger Program, so Mom M and I took a booklet to also do.

We went for the hike to the cliff dwellings.  Mom M and Eric went ahead and walked back to the van, while Amanda and I waited for the Ranger to do the 1:00 talk.  The talk was about an hour long.

During the talk Mom M was talking with other rangers at the parking lot, she also was able to complete her program, so she got her certificate and patch.

Amanda and I returned to the van, then we all headed to the visitor center so Amanda and I could turn in our programs.  Amanda got her badge, while I got a patch, and both of our certificates where printed on a printer.

For the return trip, we took the NM35, NM152, NM180 back.  It has a little less dramatic drive and its about 20 miles longer, but it might be a little faster.

We went to Wrangler’s Bar & Grill for dinner.

We also did a load of launder to cap the night off.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs