Monday, July 19, 2010

2010/07/19 – Monday – Fort to Far

We left Silver City heading for I10. 

On the way down, I made a phone call to a relative to see if they would like to have some company for the next to nights.

Once on the I10, I noticed a sign pointing to Fort Bowie.  I started to drive to it.  The road was not the greatest, but it was at least paved.  I did get a phone call back while heading to the fort.  About an mile before the tail head, the road turned to gravel.  I made it to the parking area, but not a lot of room to turn around.  The temperature was hot and we did not want to walk the 1.5 miles to the fort.  We did have lunch.  I was able to get turned around, because I walked up the road and really did not want to continued. 

We headed back down the road and headed towards the relatives.

Once at the relatives, he directed us to a local RV park for us to camp for the two nights.

We had a good dinner and a good night of watching TV and talking.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs