Sunday, July 25, 2010

2010/07/25 – Sunday – Gaining Altitude

Our first stop was just down the road from camp – gas.

Our next destination was a major climb from the Phoenix area.  Along the drive I kept a keen eye on the transmission temperature, I also watch the tire temperature.  The rear passenger trailer tire was getting hotter then it has every gotten – 161 degrees.

As we were getting closer Prescott, I noticed that the trailer tire (that was having the heat problem) was causing a pulsating feeling in the RV.  I was going to pull into a America’s Tire, then I remember that they are closed on Sundays.

We pulled into the RV park we had chosen, but they did not have anything that I could fit in.  I had to back out into traffic to get out of the park.  I did get directions to another park that should be able to accommodate me.

Once, at the next RV park, they had room for me for the next two nights.

We got the RV setup and unload the van.  We then started to get the bad trailer tire – the tire had started to bubble and delaminate.  Eric and I started to get all the lug nuts off, but I broke one of the lugs off – !#$%^&* – great.

I have made several phone calls and hopefully I will get somebody to come and fix the lug (with a new lug nut).

We then drove into Prescott and we stumbled upon a western street demonstration / fair.  We watched that for about an hour. 

We did head on out to go see Tuzigoot National Monument.  Amanda did get her Junior Ranger booklet with covers Tuzigoot as well as Montezuma Castle and Well.  We did walk the ruins and enjoyed the view (and the flying ants)

We returned back to Prescott and had dinner at the Palace Restaurant & Saloon.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs