Tuesday, July 09, 2019

2019/07/09 - Tuesday - Vacation - Day 19 - Major Issue - Tow Dolly

We finally got moving a little after 9.

Our first stop was to drop off Mom D at the airport.  I panic at one moment because I say a sign that said 10 foot clearance, so I had to quickly go to the outside lane.

We have been on the road for about an hour and half a passing motorist made a motion like I had a problem, so I quickly pulled over and sure enough the driver side of the tow dolly bearings/hub was smoking.  So I proceeded to move further down the road so I could unload the van.  C.M. and E.M. proceeded to follow me until we made it to the next exit.  I pulled into Cabela's so we can figure out what to do next.

After several phone calls we headed over to a trailer repair place.  The guy said it might take anywhere to 2 to 5 days to repair.  Well that is not an option. 

We headed to a recycling place.  They wanted a title for the dolly but in CA we don't have one.  We finally found somebody that would take it.  So the tow dolly is now with somebody else to deal with.

We stopped at a U-Haul place and rented a tow dolly for the rest of the trip home.

Gas stop.

The drive through Houston was interesting, at one point I did have to lock up the tires trying not to hit some idiot that was weaving through the traffic.

Gas stop.

We finally made it to camp at about 8:00, not the original location, we stopped about 45 minutes sooner.  But with us dealing with the dolly and all it was getting late.

I unloaded the van and we headed over to Denny's for dinner.

Back at the RV (van loaded back up) and now time to sleep.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs