Thursday, July 03, 2008

2008/07/03 – Last of the Locks

We got moving right on time – 9:00. I did have to stop when I just pulled out of the parking lot to get the computer reset – so Cheryl went into the store to get some ice.

Dam and Lock #2 and #1 was found. But getting to #1 took an ordeal of navigation. We wondered through Minneapolis and finally found #1. I drove down to the bottom and found out I could not turn around, so I had to backup about a quarter of a mile.

Next we finally found lower and upper St Anthony Falls/Dam/Locks. I had to park in three locations and feed the three meters.

Amanda volunteered to call a campground that she found in the books.

I finally get see one of the Great Lakes – Superior

We went out for groceries and dinner. After dinner Cheryl really wanted Starbucks so we took about an 8-mile detour to find one.

Amanda worked on some schoolwork.

3 comments:

Chris said...

I've always wondered, how Great are the Great Lakes?

Unknown said...

You went to Minneapolis and didn't go see the mall of america?

Anonymous said...

well at least you got to drive, I had to walk to try and find one, but didn't find it, so be happy you got to drive :-P

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs