Monday, July 07, 2008

2008/07/07 – Monday – More Change of Plans

Based on the rain storm last night, I changed our route through the Bad Lands. I did not think it was wise to travel any of the dirt roads

We started on the North end of the Bad Lands. We stopped at almost every turn out. By the time we got close to the south end I missed the last three – I just wanted to get to the visitor center.

Amanda got the necessary paper work for the Junior Ranger Program and proceeded to work on it. We watched the 20 minute video about the place and walked the exhibits. Amanda finally finished and the ranger questioned her memory on a few things – so also had to state the oath.

The route I took was paved buy sure was not smooth.

We stopped for two nights near Hot Springs at a KOA.

Eric and Amanda cooked dinner. Mom M, Cheryl, and I did laundry.

We watched Wild Hogs tonight and had a few good laughs.

Trying to upload photos is slow on the Satellite, so I will try to work on the photo post tomorrow – but hay I am on vacation… Until tomorrow…

1 comment:

Chris said...

Well isn't vacations all about change of plans? Glad to hear that you did see some of the Bad Lands, how much trouble are they in (get it?)?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs