Monday, July 14, 2008

2008/07/14 – Monday – New But Hurt

Warning – All is ok! – Long Post!!!

We returned to work like normal.

Cheryl made an appointment so she left work early, I left a little early to join her to get a new motorbike – 260cc motor scooter.

Cheryl did go to the DMV and passed the test to get the motorcycle license endorsement.

Cheryl, Mom M, and I made it to the Motorcycle dealer in plenty of time. After completed all the paper work, we tried to start the bike. I had to go get 3 galloons of gas and that still not work, the owner of the business finally got a can of starter fluid and sprayed that into the carburetor to finally start the bike.

After about 15 minutes of idling the motor, it got really hot, so I ran the bike up and down the street to cool it back down.

Finally it was time for Cheryl to ride the bike all the home on the city street because the restrictions on the bike endorsements.

In the mean time Mom D called and wanted to meet up with us on the way home.

Finally we meet Mom D at Rosemead/Lakewood Blvd and I5. We stopped and talked a little bit then we got moving again.

We almost made it home without any problems. - Cheryl is fine just a little bruised up and a broken arm.

Now the next section is my view of what I say of what happen.

I was following the whole time and she was doing well. Cheryl was turning right from Lakewood Blvd to Del Amo Blvd and crashed.

As she was turning right she was not leaning the bike correctly so she was fighting the turn. She drifted to the center divider, when the bike hit the divider, she was thrown into the left turning lane (the other side of the divider). Her helmet flew off of her head. She was laying on the ground face down with her top back of her head somewhat wedged under a stopped car tire (waiting for the light to change in the left turning lane). Her left arm was laying flat and her right arm was lying beside her body.

When I got the van stopped and checked on her she was not moving (which scarred the hell out of me, but I kept my composer). By this time, several people were telling her and anybody else not to move her and they had already called 911.

She finally responded to our talking to her (and what a relief she is alive! – now is her body ok?)
In the mean time I also got the bike back up and out of the center divider.

Cheryl then also insisted to move and get a little more comfortable. When she finally set up she got a little dizzy then she lay back down onto the road (wow she seems all ok!)

Finally the Police and Firemen came and took her to the local hospital. She was mostly complaining about her left arm being really sore. The crew working on Cheryl put the neck brace on and put her on a board before taking her away.

I finished talking to the person that Cheryl’s head hit and the police. (The bike never hit any car.)

I took the bike home and Mom M. followed.

Mom D detoured to the hospital, while I told the kids and took care of a few things. Lisa S. was over so she wanted to come also. On the way to the hospital, I had to return to the house to get the health card and ID.

Mom M, Lisa and I finally found a parking spot and went in to check on Cheryl.

Two X-Rays were taken of her left arm and a CTScan for her head.

We had 7 people in her room waiting.

Once the X-Rays where finally read, we got her road rash (forehead and left arm) cleaned up and we were finally released

We made it home some time after Midnight.

What a way for her and her new bike to end the day.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs