Saturday, May 16, 2009

2009/05/16 – Saturday – HDR Pre-run

With the help of S.G. we got Baby Beast ready – CB added, Fire Extinguisher secured, Wind Generator setup and a few other minor items.

The Dirt Devils finally showed up little after 9:00, we got ready and left for the trail.

Once on the trail, the first obstacle was ruffed up more – Baby Beast made it but it was not very easy. I stalled it a few times and finally made it through it.

One our way to the next obstacle was having a little problems getting over some rocks, that’s when I am expecting I don’t have four wheel-drive. Sure enough after looking I don’t have four wheel-drive, I can get the Jeep into low, but the front wheels will not spin.

Not having four wheel-drive made it very interesting to climb some of the hills.

About 30 minutes later I noticed that I did not have normal breaks. After a few more minutes of driving, the front breaks were working (I could skid the fronts), but the back breaks were not working.

At the lunch stop, that is when we found out that I broken the back break line. So after lunch I headed back to camp. We unloaded the Jeep and I headed home with Baby Beast.

I surprised Eric when I showed up at home; I did the vehicle swap and started back to camp with “Blue”. The Jeep (XJ) has a vibration at 70 so I kept it round 60 to 65 the whole way back to camp.

On the drive back to camp, I talked with my Mom and Cheryl.

I also found out that our Friend L.S. lost her mom today – so our thoughts are with her

Once back at camp, I talked with the other camp for a while, and then went into the RV to watch some movies.

O and it was HOT today!
--------------------

Thanks Mom for the call.

1 comment:

Earth Dragon Wing said...

Didn't know HDR was this weekend, Ted thought he would see you at Croakers. We really miss you guys.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs