Wednesday, July 08, 2009

2009/07/08 – Wednesday – High and Steam

We left camp late – I slept in but we finally got going around 10:00 – I could not find the engine keys for the RV.

We stopped for gas and kept on heading to Lassen Volcanic National Park.

Our next stop was the North entrance to the park. Amanda got her Junior Ranger booklet and started to fill it out. Amanda, Mom M and Jesse listen to one of the ranger talks on bears. We also noticed that they are doing a control burn in the area.

We stopped at several of the pull outs. We even did some of the short walks for the Junior Ranger booklet.

We finally arrived at the south entrance about fifteen minutes before closing. Amanda got her Junior Ranger badge and we even got our few trinkets.

Now it was time for to camp – we made it to Chester. I found the RV campground that one of the bloggers that I follow works at for the summer (but they are not working today)

Trying to find a camp spot for me was a little hard, we drove through the campground and found one, so back to the office to register and then back to the camp spot. I pull in forward into the spot so we could unload the van. We even tried to get the satellite to work through the trees but were unsuccessful.

I unload the van and we went into Chester to find a place to eat.

Back at the RV, I loaded the van so we are ready to leave in the morning.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs