Friday, July 10, 2009

2009/07/10 – Friday – Park Fun

The camp power was cut off at about 6:00 – I had to turn off the satellite equipment because of low battery.

We finally left camp at about 9:00 and headed for Tioga pass. 

Tioga pass is a very hard pass to climb – I was down to 20 mph for quite a few miles.

Finally we made it to Yosemite.  The roads are tight.  The driver mirror almost got hit a few times, so I would hit the branches on the passenger side a few times so I would not get hit by the passing vehicle.

We did not drive the RV into the village, we headed outside the park to find a camp.  The first place was all booked up, so we went into Mariposa and found the fair grounds – they found a location for me so I don’t have to disconnect the trailer.

We got everything squared away and unloaded the van – so we went back into the park.

We had dinner at Curry Village and then we found a program to watch about Ansell Adams.  While we were waiting for the program, we watch a mule deer walk by.

The drive back to the RV was ok – now we get to drive back into the park again tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs