Sunday, November 15, 2009

PVD Over – Heading Home

We slowly got things ready to go around the RV.  I help a friend trying to get his satellite  TV working. 

We said our goodbyes and heading down the road.

First stop was at Kramer Junction to fill up the RV with some go go juice.  Everybody else got lunch and I ate a lunch-able that we already had in the the fridge.  I also noticed the the Jeep was dripping radiator fluid – it doesn’t like being bounced around so the whole must be getting bigger.

I stopped at a new RV dump location, but they wanted $10 , so I left and stopped at the other place that is only $7. 

I took a little different route today to getting home, I decided I didn’t want to take the 210 because of the winds – I was getting pushed around good, so I dropped down to the 60.

On the way down to the 60, Cheryl called and said that they heard a pop, but all my tires were good.  About 10 minutes later, I get a warning from the SmarTire system about the front driver side trailer tire low on pressure.  I finished transferring onto the 60 and exited the first exit, so I could double check the tire.  By the time we stopped the pressure on the tire had dropped another 8 pounds.

Eric and CJ helped in changing the tire.  Once the tire was off the trailer, we could see that a big chunk of the tire is missing on the inside, but the tire was still holding pressure (I will take a picture of it on Monday).

We made it home and got everything put away.  The Jeep has dipped a lot of radiator fluids out, so no driving it until I get it fixed.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs