Sunday, June 23, 2013

2013/06/23 – Sunday – Vacation - Day 03 - Canyon and Change



I thought I was getting up early, but didn't get out of bed until almost 8.  Talked with the neighbor about how bad the place is in regards on how much we had to pay.  Mom M and I worked on the van for about 30 minutes trying to get the middle seat unlatched and moved over so Eric can get in and out of the back of the van a little easier.  Finally got going about 9:30, so later then I wanted to.

Our first stop was to get Amanda’s JR Ranger program turned in.  So now that makes 49 for her.  On the way out we stopped at several of the overlooks.  We did leave the park until after 1, so again not what I had planned.  When we do the Grand Canyon again, we need about 3 full days to see all the different things.

I finally found a place for gas in Flagstaff and put in 50 gallons of gas in the traveling domicile.

As the day was dragging on going down the road, I started to look at the route some more and decided to not do another park that is a little bit out of the way, because of the time.
I did receive a phone call from a friend during the drive and it was nice talking with her.  (Yes I was using the Bluetooth – so hand free J )

Amanda woke up from her short nap and started to look for a place for the night.

We are stopped near Grants NM for the night.  Amanda warmed up some soup for dinner.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs