Friday, June 21, 2013

2013/06/21 – Friday – Vacation - Day 01 - Start of Trip

Friday (today) is/will be the start of this year 2013 big vacation...

I got up and attended a 7:00 AM meeting and at the same time took Cheryl to work.  On the way back to the house I was able to have my 1on1 with my boss...  Now head into the office.

Well, work was work, got things done and took a late lunch.  After lunch, packed up my stuff and headed for home. Later than what I want to, so that meant no hair cut.

Finished putting the last minutes items into the RV and we (Mom M, Amanda, Eric, and I) finally left  the house about 3:30 PM.  Only one minor issues when I pulled out of the driveway.  The tow dolly hit the side of the van (because of the sharp turn out of the driveway), so now I have a mark on the passenger side of the van, not happy about that.

Our first stop was at the pharmacy to get a few things, in the same shopping center, the kids wanted to check out whats new things that Game Stop had, but nothing interested them.  Amanda was hungry so we stopped at a Mexican restaurant (also in the same center) and got some stuff for them.

Next stop, Costco, to have the tow dolly air pressure checked.  Checking time, now I am late getting to Cheryl.

We finally made it to Cheryl's office around 5:15 PM and now vacation officially starts!!!

The traffic was heavy, but that is normal for a Friday.

Next stop Flying J's in Barstow.  Got the necessary gogo juice for the RV.  Cheryl and Amanda went to get some food, while Mom M and I got something from the fridge.  I also wanted to get everything weighed and that took two attempts, but the number looks ok.

We finally made it to the family's place around 11:50 PM, setup the RV and got ready for bed.  Can't wait for breakfast and good company in the morning! 

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs