Saturday, July 13, 2013

2013/07/13 – Saturday – Vacation - Day 23 - Inside Duel and Space



I knew we had a short drive today so I slept in, we didn’t’ leave camp until 10:30.

The drive was good and I thought we were on the home front with Las Vegas in view and then I started to feel the shake of the tires.   I pulled over and yep I have a bulge in the tread, but I was neither at an off-ramp nor a good spot to change the tire.  I drove on the shoulder at about 25 mph.  As we were driving, about two miles down is when heard the tire go flat with a big rush of air escaping sound.  Now that the tire is flat, I slowed down to 15 MPH and finally got to an exit (which was the exit for the Las Vegas Speedway.) 

Eric helped with changing the tire, man was things HOT.  Back on the road for a very short distant to get gas, but that was also a problem, getting the RV into the pumps was not easy so I decided to bypass that Pilot and head for the Costco.

We finally made it to Sam Town RV park for the night stay.

Before unloading the van we had lunch then Cheryl and I went and got a new tire for the RV.  The tire was covered under a cert so I only had to pay for upgrade (newer type of tire) and a new cert.

Back at the RV, we relaxed then it was time for dinner and a show – Star Trek!  Good movie now a new time line continues.

Maybe we will get up early tomorrow, but we will not know until tomorrow

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs