Sunday, June 19, 2016

2016/06/19 - Sunday - Vacation - Day 03 - On The Trail

The RV park offered continental breakfast, so DM, EM, Mom M, and I got there at opening time of 8:00, not a lot to choose from but it was not terrible.

We were on the road by 8:40. 

Now from this point in the trip, I have not traveled these roads, so all new views..

Our first stop was at Sam's Club to get some go go juice for the RV.  And while we were there they went into the store to get a few items.


We stopped at Pecos National Historical Park, which is on the Santa Fe National Historic Trail.  Amanda of course did the JR Ranger program and we did part of the walk to tour the grounds.  Total time there was about 2 hours

Once back at the RV it was lunch time so we had a late lunch (around 1:00)

On to the next stop, for some reason I thought it was closer but nope.

We stopped at Fort Union National Monument.  There is really no specific place to part the RV, so I pulled into an area and hopped I would not get in trouble.  Amanda got several JR Ranger programs for several things we would be doing for this trip.  This weekend turns out to be a special weekend with several things that are being done in period style.  We were only able to see one demonstration and that was regarding the canon.  They fired it twice!  Amanda and I walked the grounds and both of us got sunburned!  The total time there was about two hours.

When we pulled away from our location the RV was feeling weird, something was wrong with the tires.  I stopped to check and sure enough!  But this was something I had not expected nor experienced.  The tires tore a chunk of the pavement and the pavement was sticking to the tires.  So in the middle of the road I had to scrape off the gooey mess.

It was worm today, so I decided I wanted a known campground and the time to stop was still reasonable, we pushed on by the original campground and went about 1.5 hours further.  We stopped at KOA in Raton, but they only had water and electric.

We walked to dinner.

Back at the RV we watched two movies, I did log into work and processed records, and we enjoyed our relaxing time.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs