Wednesday, June 22, 2016

2016/06/22 - Wednesday - Vacation - Day 06 - Arrived

 Before we started to head out on the road, I noticed that the pin for the tow dolly is missing, which means that sometime yesterday I lost the pin.  So I found something in my storage to somewhat fix the issue.

We got going about 9:00.

So we changed plans again to find a Camping World and the next town had one.  Amanda changed the route and we headed for it.

When I passed it on the freeway, I noticed that it looked to have a very small parking lot.  So finally I was approaching the location via the frontage road, I stopped in the middle of the road to check out how I would be able to turn around. No such luck, so I opted to not to pull in and stop (so for anybody else wanting to go to Camping World of Kansas City and they are flat towing or tow dolly do not stop you will have to unhook!)

Next stop Flying J's for the necessary juice for the RV

I did stop at lunch time at one of the rest stops.

Once we got close to Des Moines another stop for Gas at Costco - this one had nobody waiting!

We have arrived at Timberline Campground to spend the next 3 nights here.

With the van, we went into Des Moines to find where the National SQ is located and the parking is going to be like.  We also delivered the CA State Council display so it can be put up by somebody that know how to set that thing up.

We picked up our packets and paid for AM and EM and got a program.  We will have to pickup the kids badges when we go back in tomorrow.

We returned back to the RV for dinner prepared by Amanda and we also relaxed.

Mom M did a load of her laundry, while I did my work,

For the internet we had to use our Mifi because the campground wifi is really bad.  Most of our devices could not get to the internet using the campgrounds wifi.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs