Sunday, June 25, 2017

2017/06/25 - Sunday - Vacation - Day 11 - Unknown Battles

We really got a late start, but that seems to be normal when we have been stopped for several days at on location.  And top it off I had to wait until I pulled out of the space before hooking up the tow-dolly and van.  We finally left the campground at 10.

I was going to stop at a Flying J's for lunch but the off ramp was backed WAY up.  At that same off ramp everybody was heading to a air show.  I finally got out of the right lane and just skipped it.

About half an hour later (about 12:25) we stopped for lunch at a rest area.

Finally we stopped for gas at another Flying J's.  I had to go into the store and complain to the manager about the no receipt and the squeegee was no good (both sides were bad (pad & rubber)).

We stopped at River Raisin National Battlefield Park.  Amanda got another JR Ranger badge.  One of the ranger talked to us for some time and gave us a lot of history of the battles at this location.  That took about hour and 15 minutes.

We stopped for the night at about 6:05, at the same campground from 5 years ago - Detroit Greenfield RV Park.

I unloaded the van from the tow dolly and headed into town.  We stopped for dinner then went shopping for food supplies.

Back at the RV, I put the van back onto the dolly.  I also went ahead and started the camera transfer computer, Amanda has over 1100 photos to transfer to the hard drive from the last few days.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs