Monday, June 26, 2017

2017/06/26 - Monday - Vacation - Day 12 - Sand Dunes

We got a late start, We all slept in.  We finally got on the road at 10.

Gas and a lunch stop was at a Flying J's.

I got a call from work wanting me to explain what had happen in the past, so I will do that later tonight.

We finally made it to the campground in the Platte River National Park Campground.  They did have a spot for us for the one night.

I stopped first to fill our water tank and then headed to our camp site.  I unloaded the van, that is when I noticed that I did not put the pin back in to stop the tilt of the tow dolly - sure glad nothing happened bad! I backed the dolly up and unhooked it before moving further back and setting up camp.

We jumped into the van and headed to one of the Sleeping Bear Dunes Visitor Centers. Amanda was able to get another JR Ranger badge.  We then found the scenic drive and made several stops.  We did a lot of walking in the sand.  The views were great and with clouds and all.

We finally found a gas station and then a place for dinner, but the wait was about 45 minutes.  The food was good.

Before heading back to the RV, we stopped and Amanda took some more pics of the sunset over the water

Back at the RV, I was able to process and store the photos that we have taken the last few days.

I also replied to the email from work...

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs