Friday, June 12, 2020

2020/06/12 - Friday - Vacation - Day 01 - Full, had to find a different location

We left the house shortly after 9 almost on time.  First stop was at a pet store to get some necessary can food for the dog and cats.

The next stop was at Camping World in Bakersfield to get Cheryl some new pots/pans that all stack neatly together and takes up less space and the cupboard will be neater.  While leaving the parking lot the new tow dolly made some clunking noises.

We stopped at the Flying J's outside of Bakersfield to get the necessary go go juice for the RV.  After filling up the RV, I pulled over in the parking area and had my fill for lunch.

The plan was to stop at the KOA in Visalia, but they could not accommodate use for two nights, so A.M. made several phone calls and finally found a place about an hour further up the 99.

We made it to the Arena RV Park and they only had accommodation in the overflow area (along side a building), but it does have full hoockups.

I have been noticing that the bathroom faucet would only trickle out the water, so I took the head off and cleaned the restricter and now it flow good.  While doing the cleaning, I did get A.M. good when the head was not on correctly and when I turned the water on it squirted hear.

I unloaded the van and we headed to a Black Bear Dinner that we have not eaten at before.  They had opened up inside seating and of course with social distancing.

Back at the RV, we organized the pot and pan cupboard and put the new set in and got ride of some of the old ones.

I did forget the power cord for my work computer, so A.M. is ordering it and it will be delivered to L.M. place so I can still do my necessary work.  So between now and getting to L.M., hopefully I can do what I need quickly without running out of power before getting there.

The train track are just across the street from the RV park and it sounds like they are going to go right trough us.

I noticed that there was water around the kitchen faucet, so I cleaned that up, but I wanted to make sure it was not a leak and sure enough it is, so now we have to stop and get a new RV faucet for the kitchen sink.

I was hoping that E.M. would join us for the weekend, but he decided not to drive down and join us.  We will see him on Sunday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I sent a comment but don't know if it went. We are dehydrating beef and tomatoes.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs