Sunday, April 01, 2007

Long Drive – Third of four – Problems

The day started out really early. We got up at 5:00 Wichita time and left the hotel at 6:00. And it only took 20 min to get to the airport. I was on the road heading for Moab, UT.

About three hours later I was getting tired so I stopped and took a quick cat nap at a rest area.

About another hour later – I hit a RV hubcap! It made a lot of noise. I pulled over to see what type of damage it did to the car. But first, I needed to get the hubcap out from under the car. While getting the hubcap out, I put a very deep cut near the base of my thumb. The damage to the car is a muffler (or catalytic converter) has a whole in it. And the muffler pipe is bent and hanging down. I got no error messages or codes on the dash, so if that is all the damage, that’s not too bad. But it does mean the car goes into the shop as soon as I get home, we will see then how bad the damage is as well as the normal maintenance that needs to be done.

I pulled into Moab about 6:00 Moab time – so that means I drove for 13 hours. With two unplanned stops and three gas stops.

I found where the group was camping. Found out that some of the group had problems from broken parts to breaking parts and doing some body damage.

The group did go out for dinner at the Mexican restaurant that is on the north end of town.

Thanks to J&N for letting me sleep in there RV for the few days that I am here!

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs