Saturday, March 31, 2007

SQ Pre-Con – Day 3

We start the morning early at 8:30 for a general meeting.

9:00 are the ‘Breakout Meeting’ – The one we attend was the Program Committee (which includes the Youth). I did take in some information. We also was able to talk to P. about more information.

Back to the hotel for a quick nap, (and I do mean quick)

We headed back over for the Luncheon. Mom D did win the center piece like I won the center piece at the dinner the night before.

After the lunch no it was back to a general session for a recap and evaluation from the NEC.

After the meeting, it was now time to go back and change to get ready for the square dance.

But wanted to check out to see how much the western sports jackets cost at Shepllers; well let’s say I did not want to pay that much right now.

I have been concerned about the RV parking for the 2008 convention, so we went for a drive to see if we can find a close RV park. I really did not like the idea of camping for 4 days without full hookups (electric only). We found a place that was closer then the conventions RV parking will be held at and it has full hookups.

After making the reservations, we need dinner, so we found a local restaurant and enjoyed the very reasonably priced dinner.

Back to the hotel to change and go dance. The convention had over 100 squares dancing – that is good for a pre-con I was told.

I went ahead and paid for Mom M. so, now she is registered for Wichita.

Two other people requested that I could bring things back, so I agreed of course.

I took Mom D back early and I went back to dance, but it turned out I just socialize some more and enjoyed the company of the group.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs