Friday, March 16, 2007

Going to Bakersfield

Well, Amanda did not want to go to the first period because of not knowing what uniform to ware – which I think was not a really good excuse to miss her first period, but at least she made it to school. I sure hope this will last. The big test will be Monday

Lunch was with two friends – we went to Russell’s.

We did make it in time for Amanda’s appointment.

We got the RV ready and we left about our usual time of 7:00 pm. Tonight was not a really good drive – there seemed to be more idiots out tonight. Our first stop is usually at Flying J’s and when I tried to get propane – again broken – that has been four times. I asked for the Manager and I got the Manager and the General Manager. They were falling all over themselves to apologize about it not working. In-fact the Manager made sure that I should call to make sure they have it working before I stop next time and to make sure I ask for her. Well at least they are trying to satisfy there costumers.

We make it to the Kern County Fair Grounds and would you know it, the Wagon Master was no where to be found. I spent the next 45 mins trying to find a Wagon Master and then trying to find a spot to camp, I did use the scooter in trying to help find a place to camp. The kids (Amanda and two other friends) went and found some of the other kids and went dancing.

Eric help setup camp with me – all we have is electric – no other hookups.

I finally got the Satellite all setup, but I had to restore the router. Not being plugged for a long time reset the router back to default. But at least I am on line now. Also just a few campsites down there is another Satellite setup with the nice blue light on it (the automatic one on the roof of the RV)

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs