Friday, July 06, 2007

2007/07/06 – Friday – Full RV Parks

We left camp at 9:00.

We drove the 15 miles into Denali; near the end we watched a small group caribou running in a creek. We stopped on the way out at the visitor center.

We stopped for gas and lunch at Cantwell

We looked up a park in Anchorage. We followed the direction and found the place, but when I checked they could not accommodate us and making a few phone calls, nobody in Anchorage could accommodate us, so off to find somewhere else.

I made a decision to change our route and not stay two nights in Anchorage. So we did some research and phone calls to find out if a ferry goes from Whittier to Valdez. I made a reservation for the ferry ride.

I also phoned a RV park near Portage to find out, but just an answering machine answered.

I drove toward Whittier hoping we could find an RV park on the way. We pulled into Portage Valley RV Park; come to find out it was the same placed I called. We are dry camped, because they have everything else taken/reserved.

I tried to setup the satellite, but the mountain is in the way.

We watched Nanny McPhee – What a neat movie

Camp Location:
N 60 48.175, W 148 56.000 – Portage Valley RV Park - Portage Alaska

Big Animal Report:
4 - Caribou

Attractions:
Denali Visitor Center

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs