Wednesday, July 11, 2007

2007/07/11 – Wednesday – Rocks and Mud

We left Whitehorse at 8:50.

About ½ hour into the drive, one of the tires said it was low, so I stopped to fix it. I took the valve extension off and that seamed to resolve the tire getting lower on pressure; but I sure kept a very close eye on the sensor for quite awhile.

I did not stop again until Junction 37 for lunch and gas at 1:00 so a solid 4 hours of driving. I had used ¾ of tank of gas on that part of the trip.

We are now heading down the Cassiar Highway. The first part of this road is really rough so it was slow going. We stop at a place called Jade City (consisting of two buildings one on each side of the road, one of them being closed this season)

Of course we did spend some money on some jade items.

The next part of the road turned into a mud bath. The back of the RV and all of the van was covered in mud!

I stopped at a campground but it had no good view to the south for the satellite, so back onto the road.

I stopped at Dease Lake for gas; I tried to clean the back window, but not very well.

As we were heading out of town, I found a RV park with hookups, so I quickly stopped and paid for a site. On the way to the site, I noticed that they had a high power washer wand, so I cleaned the RV and van. So now the RV looks white and the van looks smoke gray instead of medium brown.

I was able to set up the satellite.

Amanda cooked dinner tonight, but she started the Cocktail Smokies in barbeque sauce in the crock-pot at our lunch spot.

We watched two movies tonight – Legally Blond 2 and Good Boy

Camp Location:
N 58 26.011, W 129 59.025 – Dease Lake RV Park, Dease Lake, British Columbia, Canada

Big Animal Report:
1-Drenched Fox
1-Mooses that crossed in front of a motorcycle

Attractions:
Jade City - Shop

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs