Sunday, May 04, 2008

2008/05/04 – Sunday – Better / Drive Home

Well the dog woke me up this morning wanting out. So take the dogs out and when I got back in I took a shower.

People started showing up at the RV about 9:00.

Amanda really wants us to stay until after 5:00 so she can watch Trace Adkins at 4:15. So after some negotiations and promises, I agreed.

Getting closer to our time to go on and perform, we were asked to meet behind the stage, so we all gathered and waited for our time.

We danced one tip and then dragged people from the audience to dance. It seemed everybody had fun.

After wards, I worked on get the RV ready. I was asked by several people that were passing by about the wind generator. I finally got the van loaded. Cheryl wants to get something to eat and meet some friends.

We ate and did some walking around but my feet were getting really tired. So back to the RV to get ready to leave, I got the satellite put away, and everything else outside put away. By the time I was about to get the RV turned around Amanda was back at the RV – happy to hear Trace Adkins!

We did stop at Flying J’s to dump and get fuel. We used a lot of gas running the generator this weekend. It caused my gas mileage to be 4.81 for that tank.

On the drive home we had lots of wind on our way out of the Palm Springs area. I did have to make s slight detour to meet a friend, but that was minor – the route was on a plausible route that I have taken before for getting home.

At home I fueled up and got 6.23 mpg, so that was not bad.

Now I just hope the promise that was made will be honored on Monday.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I told you guys that if you needed an extra Chaparone that I would have sacrificed the weekend at work to come and help out. Plus had I've gone, you guys could have left early, & I would have brought Amanda home after listening to TA.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs