Saturday, May 24, 2008

2008/05/24 – Saturday – Day 2 – HDR

Got up and made sure the Jeep was at the starting location before 8:00 so people would know which way to be heading for the Blue Moon run.

I went back to the RV to get lunch items that Cheryl made for Amanda and I.

We did our normal drivers meeting at about 15 till. I had about 3 people that had done this trail before and about ¾ of the group had not been at HDR before.

We left about 5 minutes after 9:00.

When we got to the first major hill, I let Amanda drive the Jeep to the other end of the plateau, while I walk down to the point where I spot people though the tough spot. I only had one person that was very nervous when he could not first make the obstacle.

I had Amanda drive the Jeep again on another plateau area while I made sure everybody was ok coming up the hill.

I was able to follow the GPS on the new section that I found on Friday. We had lunch at 11:30

Everybody was doing so good on the next set of hill climbs, I added another section that I tried last year and everybody did good.

We finished the run at 1:00 and I said my usual good byes to everybody.

Once everybody had left, I went exploring and found another trail across the road of the main road. Come to find out I think the road is more a quad trail, I did hit one rock good, and Amanda did let out a little noise when I hit it and stopped.

We got back to camp about 2:00. I stayed around the main camp for a little while. Once I made it back to the RV, I went ahead and took a nap.

Knock on the door woke me up and it was good friend. So we talked for a while.

Getting the dinner tickets from the registration package, I headed on over to main camp to got dinner – also drove the Jeep over to get it ready for the night run.

I did try the Nail Pounding game. I was in first place with 13 nails in the board in 30 seconds. But about 30 minutes, a buddy of mine got 14 in, then another friend tied with me later.

The Best Equip game was fun to watch. It had ended about 10:00

About 15 minutes after the game was done it was time to head on out for the “Jesse Southern Lights” run.

I had about 20 vehicles. I was able to find the start of the trail easily with the GPS help. We had very minor slow downs and all was at the top by 11:00. I pointed out several areas to several different groups.

The down hill section was a little slow going, but everybody did fine.

Once to the main road, I let everybody go on by, so I know that everybody got off the trail. I got back to the RV by 10 minutes after midnight.

Another fun day at HDR.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs