Monday, June 25, 2007

2007/06/25 – Monday – Got Mom and Rain

We got up early today – We left camp at 7:30 (normally this would be wake time not leave time).

We got gas at Flying J’s in Great Falls, MT. And it started to rain there and it was COLD.

I called Mom M about 11:35 and she was already at the station. Dam I am late, and was 24 minutes out. I thought I was going to beat her there. As I was driving over the bridge (over the railroad tracks), I could see her down there so I honked and she waved back.

We left Shelby, and headed for the boarder. Getting gas at the boarder was interesting. The gas station where I got gas has no attendant, no body in the builder, but at least it accepted the credit card.

We went on over to the visitor center to eat lunch, since we could not find a restaurant to eat at.

Crossing the boarder, we had to go into the builder to get cleared to enter Canada. I had to show all the birth certificates – Dam I don’t have Eric’s. They allowed us entry into Canada – hurray. As we were leaving the builder it was hailing – Wow COLD! (Mom said it wasn’t).

We made it to Lethbridge. Trying to find a bank that would accept our card was hard, we stopped at two different banks. I was given directions for a possible success. Cheryl had to jump out the RV, because there was no place remotely close where I could park the RV and trailer, so I went around the block waiting for her – I only had to drive around once. And she was successful at getting cash.

On the drive to Vulcan, it started to thundering, lighting and raining. We arrived and I got gas, then headed on over the to the visitor center – not that big of one, it is there. We got a patch for mom and post card for Cheryl to send back to a co-worker. We also did a game that Eric, Amanda, and myself did that was ok, but for $10.00, it am not sure it was worth it. But we did have a little fun with it.

Amanda and Mom looked on the computer for a campground, so our next stop was for the night. We stopped near Calgary, out of the rain – hurray.

I unloaded the Van and we headed on into a Wal*Mart to get some stuff like jackets that we forgot to bring along and to get dinner.

All in all a good day of travel.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs