Saturday, June 21, 2008

2008/06/21 – Saturday – Tires – Never Ending

We left at 8:30 from our so-called camp location – Trains and Highway noises kept interrupted our sleep.

Our first stop of the day was at Flying J’s in Kingman. This stop was quick.

Next stop was a Walnut Canyon National Monument. We got there a little after noon. We found out that the “Island Tour” has been canceled because of a rockslide in December of 2007. So we opted for the video (sales pitch to by the DVD). We also ate lunch before leaving.

I have been watching my tire monitor and noticed that one of the trailer tires is getting HOT. When I looked out the driver mirror, I noticed that puffs of smoke were coming off the back tire. So I found an exit and pulled off – there was a (really) deserted gas station. We used the nice level spot to change the tire. We had trouble getting the sensor to register.

Next stop was a Flying J’s in Winslow AZ. I double-checked the lug nuts and also noticed that the passenger side rear trailer tire was not looking good. I finally got the new tire to register on the tire monitoring system.

We stopped for the night at Holbrook at a KOA. But before setting up camp, we drove to a place where I can get new tires for the trailer. We replaced both of the bad tires for a tune of $240.

Back at the camp, we headed on over to the campground eatery to get dinner. Mom M and Eric walked over to BK to grab an early dessert.

Now that we finished dinner and relax; Cheryl, Mom M, Amanda, and I (Eric stayed back) to get some dessert (I know Mom M got tow tonight).

1 comment:

Chris said...

Not exactly a great vacation so far huh?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs