Saturday, May 26, 2007

2007/05/26 – Saturday – Sick but Jeeping

I got up about 7 and about 15 minutes latter I was empting my stomach. That wine and the mixing of baileys made me sick!!!

I still managed to get to the trail line up to get my group going. The Blue Moon run had about 20 vehicles. Amanda and friend E., T also joins me for the day.

On the biggest hill climb, I did have one vehicle not have a real 4x4 that I like to know. It does not have a transfer case (t-case), so he could not put the t-case into a low range like most standard 4x4s. So I had to back him down and he was able to go around the morning hill climbs. After lunch he went into town, because the hill climbs in the after noon has no go a rounds.

Most of the runs for HDR got back between 2 and 4 for a good run for most.

HDR did have one serious problem – we had a roll over. He rolled the vehicle about three times backwards. The driver ok, but the passenger was air lifted.

That evening, we had the Best Equipped Game. We only had two teams this year, but it was very close. But the Dirt Devils didn’t win this year, the other team did by pulling the winch cable all the way across the finish line.

T. had gotten sick in the afternoon, so he to a early night.

Time was for my night run I had about 20 vehicles, I did have to request and volunteer for a tail gunner. I had Amanda, and two of her friends E. and Twitch, Also I had D join me for the night run. We left about 15 minutes after the game. I had one problem that was resolved quickly on the up hill part of the trail, but on the down hill part, it required a tug from my tail gunner and we were moving again. I got the group back buy midnight.

When we got back the placed was dark so off to bed.

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs